More than thirty-five years of executive level, business and organization effectiveness experience in varied, rapidly changing, fast-paced industries including computers, financial services, telecommunications, and software. Phil has held responsible positions in such notable corporations as Xerox, Citi, Sprint, and Nextel.
As an entrepreneur, general manager, business partner and leader, Phil has founded three enterprises and redefined a number of business entities of all sizes and structures to improve results and stakeholder value. Phil brings the IT tools, processes and experiences that enable groups of people to achieve ambitious results.
Notable examples include:
- Served as COO for an 8A professional services venture providing enterprise architecture and solution design services to aid in transforming healthcare quality and costs via IT and bundled payments. Delivered solution design and evaluation for key Medicaid system, MACPro.
- Completed IT work flows and role analyses to effect transition to a new corporate business operating model for a mobile telecom carrier, with operations in South America and Mexico. Services include setting up and managing IT services delivery, governance and release management. Established a global IT collaboration platform, including content definition.
- Developed and launched a strategy for new CIO to completely reinvent IT at a large, cable and wireless services provider, which significantly improved IT. Defined, with senior IT team, a new organization and resource alignment for 2,000+ FTEs. Established work flows for demand management, SDLC, IT infrastructure and production support. Provided advisory services for billing platform direction.
- Through a Government- Industry Advisory Council, actively engaged in developing a vision and strategy for establishing an open and transparent government, with healthcare IT as a target for implementation.
- Developed and managed 3rd party, outsourcing business model, reducing costs and improving service delivery and quality.
- Designed and executed a strategy to transform an IT function at a major telecom provider, revamping workflows and demand management processes.
- Founded systems subsidiary of a regional telecom company proving billing services to CLEC market.
- Co-founded a laptop computer company, raising several millions of funding from appropriate capital markets.
- Completed a market assessment for providing service bureau services on behalf of major software company.
Clients have included:
Amdocs, AMX Corporation, BoostMobile, Broadcast Electronics, CMS, Nextel Communications, RCN, Rogers Communications, Sixth Sense Media and TXU Communications
Undergraduate Degree: BS – University of Maryland
Graduate Studies: MBA – Rochester Institute of Technology